Net Worth: $45 Million
- Source of Wealth Baseball, Sports
- Birth Place Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Height 6' 4" (1.93 m)
- Marital Status Married (Tiffany Ortiz)
- Full Name David Américo Ortiz Arias
- Nationality United States-Dominican Republic
- Date of Birth November 18, 1975
- Ethnicity Dominican
- Weight 248 lbs (113 kg)
- Occupation Professional Baseball Player
- Education Estudia Espallat High Schoo
- Children 3 (Jessica Ortiz, Alexandra Ortiz, D'Angelo Ortiz)
About David Ortiz
American-Dominican baseball athlete David Ortiz has an estimated net worth of $45 million in 2013. Also known as Cooperstown, Señor Octubre, and Big Papi, Ortiz currently plays in the Major League Baseball for the Boston Red Sox as the team’s designated hitter.
David Américo Ortiz Arias was born on November 18, 1975 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Currently, David Ortiz is married to his wife Tiffany, with whom he has three children. After graduating from Estudia Espallat High School, he was immediately signed by the Seattle Mariners. In September 1997, he made his debut with Major League Baseball’s Minnesota Twins. He played for the team until the 2002 season. In 2003, he signed a contract with the Boston Red Sox.
To date, David Ortiz has become a part of the team which won the World Series Championships in 2004 and 2007. From 2004 through 2008, and 2010 through 2013, he was selected to MLB All Star. In addition to being a six-time recipient of Edgar Martinez Award, David Ortiz is also a five-time recipient of Silver Slugger Award. In 2009, he was named as the Designated Hitter of the Decade by The Sporting News.