Net Worth: $45 Million
- Source of Wealth Baseball, Sports
- Birth Place North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
- Height 6' 4" (1.93 m)
- Marital Status Married (Karen Burnett)
- Full Name Allan James "A. J." Burnett
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth January 3, 1977
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Weight 230 lbs (104 kg)
- Occupation Professional Baseball Player
- Education Central Arkansas Christian Schools
- Children 2 (Ashton, AJ Jr)
About A.J. Burnett
With an annual salary of $16.5 million in 2012, A.J. Burnett is a professional baseball player who currently plays with the New York Yankees for the Major Baseball League.
In the past, Burnett has also played for other franchise like Toronto Blue Jays and Florida Marlins. He played with the Marlins from 1999 through 2005. On December 6, 2005, he signed a five-year $55 million worth of contract with Toronto Blue Jays. The management of Blue Jays had been extra careful in offering Burnett a five-year deal because he is known to be prone to injuries. In 2008, he agreed to an 5-year $82.5 million deal with the New York Yankees.
Before the 2012 season has started, Yankees has announced their intentions of trading Burnett to Pittsburgh Pirates in exchange for Diego Moreno and Exicardo Cayones. For that deal, Yankees agreed to pay $20 million out of $33 million that remains on Burnett’s contract.
A.J. Burnett was born on January 3, 1977 in North Little Rock, Arkansas. He currently lives in Monkton, Maryland with his wife Karen and their two children named AJ Jr and Ashton.