www.therichest.com

Patient Farts During Surgery, Sparks Hospital Fire

At the Tokyo Medical University Hospital in the Shinjuku Ward, a woman in her 30's was undergoing cervical surgery with a laser when she farted. According to the Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun, this incident occurred on April 15, 2016 but the committee of external experts has just concluded its investigation, and now the entire world is talking about it.

via huffingtonpost.co.uk

The official report stated, "When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation room, it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire." Even part of the operating room was on fire.

This report was released on October 28, and ruled that there were no flammable materials nearby and that all the equipment was operating normally (including, apparently, her intestinal tract). It found that the cause of the fire was, in fact, the woman's flatulence.

Woman Badly Burned

via youtube.com

The patient (who I am betting is pretty happy to remain anonymous right now) was seriously burnt on much of her body, especially her legs and her waist. There is no report of the woman's condition available.

Source: dailycaller.com

Already Missing Game Of Thrones? Here's Everything We Know About The Prequel

More in Buzz