June is finally here, which means that summer is upon us! What better reason to make a new playlist than the arrival of outdoor parties and adventures? Whether you're relaxing on the beach, playing volleyball, barbecuing, watching fireworks, sitting by the bonfire, or chilling at the pool with friends, there are plenty of songs that will enhance the atmosphere. Here are some of the best summer jams for all occasions.
1. Summer Girls by LFO
This iconic 90s song is all about that elusive, carefree, summer love.
2. Under the Boardwalk by The Drifters
This tune can put a smile on your face...and give some helpful advice.
3. Summer of ‘69 by Bryan Adams
Innuendos aside, Bryan Adams will make you nostalgic for a time that you might not have even experienced.
4. California Gurls by Katy Perry
If this sugar-pop sensation doesn't make you want to party on the West Coast, nothing will.
5. Boys of Summer by Don Henley
Even though this summer anthem has been covered by countless bands, nothing can touch the original.
6. Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard
Every beach town has an Ocean Avenue, so every beach playlist should have this song!
7. In the Summertime by Mungo Jerry
Is it even possible to be in a bad mood after hearing this upbeat tune?
8. A Summer Song by Chad and Jeremy
Ahh, a pleasantly relaxing melody about summer romance. What more could you want?
9. School’s Out by Alice Cooper
No more school is the best reason to celebrate, and rocking out is the best way to do so.
10. Surfin’ USA by the Beach Boys
Everyone knows that summer just wouldn't be the same without the Beach Boys!
11. Summer Nights by Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta
Does this classic song from Grease really need any explanation?
12. I Love It by Icona Pop
This song is fresh and liberating, just like every summer should be.
13. Evalyn, Summer Has Arrived by Kishi Bashi
Okay, there's a good chance you've never heard of this one before, but you can't deny that it's absolutely beautiful.
14. Summertime by The Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff
Sit back and unwind with this hit from hip-hop's golden era.
15. Summer in the City by Lovin' Spoonful
When a heat wave comes into town, you know what song to blast!
16. Island in the Sun by Weezer
Need an excuse to visit a tropical paradise? Look no further!
17. Fly by Sugar Ray
It's impossible to avoid nodding your head to the beat of Sugar Ray's best song.
18. Vacation by The Go Gos
It's all everyone has ever wanted and needed, isn't it?
19. Starships by Nicki Minaj
Sure, no one knows what a starship is, but everyone knows how to party on the beach.
20. Summer Breeze by Seals & Croft
If you need to cool off, nothing is better than a nice summer breeze.
21. Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus
How did we ever celebrate July 4th before Miley Cyrus?
22. Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles
There's nothing that good weather and a happy George Harrison can't fix.
23. Summer Skin by Death Cab for Cutie
Ben Gibbard will always be here in case you ever want to reflect on the memories of past summers.
24. Groovin’ by The Young Rascals
There really is nothing better than groovin' in the sunshine.
25. Cruel Summer by Bananarama
Maybe summer isn't always kind, but at least a catchy song makes up for it.
26. Steal My Sunshine by Len
This chill summer jam might have been a one-hit wonder, but it was totally worth it.
27. All Star by Smash Mouth
No matter how many times this awesome song gets played this summer, it will never get old.
28. All Summer Long by Kid Rock
Summer will never end, and Kid Rock will make sure of it.
29. Pinch Me by the Barenaked Ladies
For when you feel like comfortably enjoying life's simple pleasures this summer.
30. Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Ray
If you ever need a ballad to sing along to, Lana Del Ray has got your back.
31. Soak up the Sun by Sheryl Crow
Lighten up, rub that sunblock in, and lie back to enjoy those warm rays.
32. Summer Rain by Johnny Rivers
Don't take those peaceful summer showers for granted!
This list would be absolutely worthless without this timeless tune.
34. Wipe Out by the Surfaris
Fact: no luau is complete without this song.
35. Surf City by Jan & Dean
The pure thrill of surfing will never die as long as songs like this are in rotation.
36. This Is How We Roll by Florida Georgia Line
For all you country fans out there, this new song is sure to please.
37. Rockaway Beach by The Ramones
This is the perfect punk summer anthem you never realized you needed.
38. Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks
Last but not least, this one goes out to everyone who plans on spending some quality time being lazy this summer. Godspeed.