Okay, okay. So your new boyfriend (or girlfriend) is awesome, right? Maybe, but the "honeymoon period" of every relationship makes it hard to see any problems. If you ignore these issues, they're only going to fester in the future. If you happen to come across these warning signs in your relationship, don't ignore them! Run! Or else, hey, I told you so.
1. He won’t call you because he “doesn’t like talking on the phone.”
If one of you really wants to have phone conversations and the other refuses, how are you ever going to communicate on real issues?
2. He doesn’t even have a cell phone, or is really hard to reach.
Phone tag is just going to drive you crazy in general, and what happens if you need to reach each other in case of an emergency?!
3. He doesn’t tell you about a big trip he’s about to take.
Um, yeah, that relatively important piece of personal information? If telling you about it slipped his mind, he has pretty messed up priorities.
4. He doesn’t introduce you to his friends.
There is no good excuse for keeping you from the people most important to him.
5. He tells you about his “crazy exes.”
Do you really want to have to keep comparing yourself to them in your head? Chances are, they weren't really that crazy. And hey, isn't HE the common denominator here?
6. He still regularly talks to those “crazy exes.”
Let's be real. Hypocrites suck. You don't need that stress.
7. He lives with his parents…and he’s older than 25.
True, sometimes we don't always get to choose our living arrangements. But has he even attempted to find his own?
8. He gets jealous of the slightest things.
Whatever reason for jealousy there may be, you don't want to step on eggshells forever.
9. You get jealous of them, too.
Becoming an unrecognizable monster of jealousy lately? Yeah, not worth the stress.
10. His grooming habits (or lack thereof) gross you out.
So he's finally showing his true self. Sorry to say, "being stinky" is one habit you will never be able to change.
11. He refuses to ever spend money on you.
It's true that money doesn't buy happiness. But restricting it entirely? Sounds kinda selfish.
12. He relies on you to pay for everything.
It has nothing to do with gender roles. It has to do with respect. Keep an even balance between the two of you!
13. You disagree on an issue that's very important to you.
Sure, he's cute, but he's pro-life and you're pro-choice? Will you really be able to let that go?
14. He makes you adopt all of his hobbies and interests.
If you're really interested in them, more power to you! But don't ever lose your sense of self!
15. He makes you feel guilty about your appearance.
He tells you you don't need another slice of pizza? Then you don't need him. Priorities.
16. You slowly stop being attracted to him.
Okay, sure, this one kind of makes you a bad person. But you just can't fool yourself.
17. You hate all of his friends.
Not being able to accept them or be around them is only going to make everything more difficult (and awkward) for both of you.
18. He insults your friends.
So THAT'S how he really feels. Things just got a lot more uncomfortable.
19. He insists he needs space, but you don’t see each other that often in the first place.
Yeah, you don't deserve that nonsense. He should want to be around you as much as possible.
20. He expects you to do his chores for him.
You're not his mother (hopefully) and there's nothing more annoying than a man-child.
21. He still has an online dating profile.
Does this one really need any clarification?
22. He refuses to label your relationship.
If you want a label, it's your right, and he owes it to you. Seriously, it is not that hard.