Net Worth: $10 Million
- Source of Wealth Politics, Law
- Age Deceased at 87 years old on April 8, 2013
- Birth Place Grantham, United Kingdom
- Marital Status Widowed (Denis Thatcher)
- Full Name Margaret Hilda Thatcher
- Nationality United Kingdom
- Date of Birth October 13, 1925
- Ethnicity English
- Occupation Politician, Lawyer
- Education Somerville College, Oxford
- Children 2 (Mark Thatcher, Carol Thatcher)
About Margaret Thatcher
World renowned British politician Margaret Thatcher had an estimated net worth of $10 million. Baroness Thatcher is best recognized for serving as the United Kingdom’s Prime Minister from 1979 through 1990. In addition to being the only woman to have served as Prime Minister, Thatcher also held the record of the longest tenure as Prime Minister in the 20th century. Due to her uncompromising leadership and political style, she was referred as the “iron lady” by one Soviet journalist.
Margaret Hilda Thatcher was born on October 13, 1925 in Grantham, England. She died of stroke on April 8, 2013 in London, England, at the age of 87. From 1951 until her death, she was married to Denis Thatcher with whom she has two children named Carol and Mark Thatcher. She was an alumnus of Somerville College, Oxford. In addition to being a prime minister, Thatcher was actually a chemist and lawyer by profession.
Though she remained undefeated in elections for several years, Margaret Thatcher had an approval rating that ranks as one of the lowest in history. On the lighter side, she was ranked by Ipsis MORI poll as the most competent prime minister of the United Kingdom of the past three decades.