Net Worth: $3 Billion
- Source of Wealth Telecom, Businessman, Politician
- Birth Place Tripoli, Lebanon
- Marital Status Married (May Mikati)
- Full Name Najib Azmi Mikati
- Nationality Lebanon
- Date of Birth 24 November 1955
- Ethnicity Lebanese
- Occupation Politician, Businessman
- Education American University of Beirut, INSEAD, Harvard University
About Najib Mikati
Lebanese politician,businessman and current Prime Minister of Lebanon,Najib Mikati who made his fortune in telecom in Africa, is worth an estimated $3 billion as of March 2012, according to Forbes Magazine, making him the richest man in Lebanon.
He now faces an increasingly complex and destabilizing situation next door in Syria, where dictator Bashar al-Assad is attempting to crush revolts against his regime. Syria wields enormous influence over Lebanon’s politics, and Mikati is a personal friend of Assad. His company M1 Group is the largest individual shareholder in South Africa’s telecom MTN Group which operates cell phone networks in Syria, along with Syriatel, owned by Assad’s cousin Rami Makhlouf.