Net Worth: $4 Million
- Source of Wealth Judicial Work
- Birth Place The Bronx, New York, USA
- Marital Status Married Kevin Noonan
- Full Name Sonia Maria Sotomayor
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth June 25, 1954
- Ethnicity American
- Occupation Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States
- Education Yale Law School (1979), Princeton University (1976), Cardinal Spellman High School
About Sonia Sotomayor
Sonia Maria Sotomayor is a Justice of the Supreme Court of the U.S. and has a net worth of $4 million. Born in The Bronx, New York City Sotmayor received her undergraduate degree from Princeton University in 1976 where she graduated Summa Cum Laude.
After Princeton, Sotomayor attended Yale for her Juris Doctorate and was the editor of the critically acclaimed and internationally recognized Yale Law Journal. After graduating from Yale, Sotomayor served as a district attorney in New York before leaving for private practice after four years. Her career as a judge began in 1991, when she was nominated by President George H.W. Bush for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. In May 2009, Sotomayor was nominated by President Barack Obama to replace the retiring Justice David Souter on the Supreme Court. Confirmed by the Senate with a vote of 68-31, Sotomayor became the Supreme Court’s first Hispanic justice and its third female member.