Net Worth: $5 Million
- Source of Wealth Politics
- Birth Place Plains, Georgia, United States
- Marital Status Rosalynn Carter (m. 1946)
- Full Name James Earl "Jimmy" Carter, Jr.
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth October 1, 1924
- Ethnicity American
- Occupation Former President of the USA, Public Speaker, Author
- Education Georgia Southwestern State University Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta United States Naval Academy
- Children Amy Carter, Jack Carter, James Carter, Donnel Carter
About Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Carter (James Earl Carter Jr.) was born in Plains, Georgia on October 1st, 1924 and has a current net worth of $5 Million. An American Democrat politician, Jimmy Carter served as the 39th President of the United States between 1977 and 1981. Although he was in debt when he left office he has made the bulk of his wealth since then, much of it from writing many books. Married to Rosalynn Smith, he has 4 children – three sons and one daughter.
When his father, a wealthy Georgia peanut farmer, died in 1953, Carter left his career as a Naval Officer in the US Navy and returned to run the family peanut farming business very successfully for almost 20 years.
His political career began in the 60s where he served in the Georgia Senate, becoming the Governor of Georgia in 1971. He became the US President in 1977 and served one term, before being beaten in the 1980 election by Ronald Reagan.
In 2002 Carter was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his work with the Carter Center which he established in 1982. Notably, he is the only US President to receive the award after leaving office.