Net Worth: $350 Million
- Source of Wealth Burt's Bees, Inc.
- Birth Place Lexington, Massachusetts
- Height N/A
- Marital Status Divorced (George St. Clair)
- Full Name Roxanne Quimby
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth 1950
- Ethnicity White / Caucasian
- Weight N/A
- Occupation Businessman, Philanthropist
- Education BFA Painting, San Francisco Art Institute (1973)
- Children 2 (Lucas St. Clair, Hannah Quimby)
About Roxanne Quimby
American businesswoman and philanthropist, Roxanne Quimby, has an estimated net worth of $350 million. Roxanne Quimby is best known as founder of Burt’s Bees, a personal care products company with beekeeper Burt Shavitz. Currently living in Portland, Maine, Roxanne Quimby was born in Lexington, Massachusetts. In the mid-70s, she moved to Maine with her then boyfriend, to focus on living a more rustic lifestyle. The pair built their own home, and grew their own food in the small town of Guildford, and had twins in 1978. Her boyfriend left soon after the birth of their children, and after meeting beekeeper Burt Shavitz in the early 80s, Roxanne Quimby began making beeswax candles in order to supplement her income. After achieving a $20,000 profit the first year,the business grew and in 1991 it introduced lip balm, its best selling product. She bought out Shavitz in 1993, and sold the company in 2007 for $350 million. She heads several she philanthropic organizations in Portland, Maine.