Net Worth: $2.5 Billion
- Source of Wealth Carlson, Inc.
- Birth Place United States
- Marital Status Married (Glen Nelson)
- Full Name Marilyn Carlson Nelson
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth 1939
- Ethnicity White
- Occupation Businesswoman, Executive
- Education Institute Des Hautes Etudes Economiques Politiques, Geneva, BA International Economics, Smith College
- Children 4 (Curtis, Diana, Juliet, Wendy)
About Marilyn Carlson Nelson
Hailed by Forbes as one of the most influential women in the world today, Marilyn Carlson Nelson is the eldest daughter of the founder of Carlson Inc.. She previously served as the Chief Executive Officer of the company but today, she sits as the Chairman of the Board of one of the largest private companies in the globe.
Under her leadership, it was reported that the company’s total sales have almost doubled. Apart from her executive position in Carlson Inc., Marilyn Carlson Nelson has also served as the co-chairman of the World Economic Forum based in Switzerland. She has also held several high positions in the World Economic Forum and she was a recipient of numerous awards from the French, German and Finnish government.