Net Worth: $260 Million
- Source of Wealth Online education
- Birth Place Hollywood, California, United States
- Marital Status Married (Bruce Heavin)
- Full Name Lynda Susan Weinman
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth January 24, 1955
- Occupation Tech Entrepreneur, Author, Speaker
- Education The Evergreen State College
- Children 1
About Lynda Weinman
Lynda Weinman is an American tech entrepreneur with an estimated net worth of $260 million. She is listed by Forbes as one of America’s richest self-made women in 2016.
After she graduated from The Evergreen State College, Weinman opened two retail stores in Los Angeles. She worked for Dreamquest as an independent contractor doing animation and special effects.
Weinman taught digital media and motion graphics at Art Center College of Design from 1989 to 1996. She authored several books about web technologies. Along with her husband, they established Lynda.com, an online education company offering video courses in software, creative, and business skills.
On May 2015, Lynda.com was acquired by LinkedIn in a deal valued at $1.5 billion. A month later, Weinman stepped down as the executive chairman of the said company.
Lynda Susan Weinman was born on January 24, 1955, in Hollywood, California. She is married to Bruce Heavin and has one child.