Net Worth: $1 Billion
- Source of Wealth Ford Motor Company
- Birth Place Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Marital Status Married (Lisa Vanderzee)
- Full Name William Clay "Bill" Ford, Jr.
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth May 3, 1957
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman
- Education MIT Sloan School of Management (1984), Princeton University (1979), The Hotchkiss School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
About William Clay Ford Jr
American businessman William Clay Ford Jr. has an estimated net worth of $1 billion as of March 2013 according to Forbes. Currently, he serves as the executive chairman of Ford Motor Company.
William Clay Ford, Jr. was born on May 3, 1957 in Detroit, Michigan, United States. He is known to be the great-grandson of Harvey Firestone and Henry Ford. After completing his bachelor’s degree from Princeton University, he attended MIT Sloan School of Management. Currently based in Michigan, Ford is married to Lisa Vanderzee with whom he has four children.
In 1971, William Clay Ford Jr officially joined Ford. In September 1998, he was elected as the Chairman of the Board and on October 30, 2001, he started serving as the chief executive officer of the company. He replaced Jacques Nasser. When the chief operating officer and president Jim Padilla retired in 2006, he also assumed his posts. In September 2006, he stepped down as the company’s CEO and president but he retained his post as the executive Chairman.