Net Worth: $59.7 Billion
- Source of Wealth Berkshire Hathaway (Self-made)
- Birth Place Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.
- Height 5' 10" (1.78 m)
- Marital Status Remarried (Astrid Menks)
- Full Name Warren Edward Buffett
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth August 30, 1930
- Ethnicity White / Caucasian
- Weight N/A
- Occupation Chairman & CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
- Education MS,Columbia Univ., BA/BS Univ. of Nebraska Lincoln
- Children 3 ( Susan Alice, Howard Graham, Peter Andrew)
American business magnate, investor, and philanthropist, Warren Buffett, has a net worth of $59.7 billion as of 2014. Unlike the other wealthy people on Forbes’ top 10 rich list, Buffett doesn’t have an oil well, retail empire, or a brain for computing to show for it – he simply have a lot of share certificates. The world’s third richest man made his fortune through companies that he believed were worth more than their market value, investing in them for the long-term. It’s certainly paid off. He joined Bill Gates’ “Giving Pledge,” aim to donate 99% of his wealth to charity. He wants the 99% spent within 10 years of his death.
The world’s third-richest man still lives in his 6,000-square-foot, five-bedroom gray stucco home that he bought in for $31,500 in 1958.