Net Worth: $2 Billion
- Source of Wealth Business, Investment
- Marital Status Married to Jami Gertz
- Full Name Antony P. Ressler
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth July 16, 1959
- Occupation Co-Founder of Apollo Global Management and Ares Management; Member of the Compensation Committee of Air Lease Group
- Education Georgetown University and Columbia University
- Children Oliver Jordan, Nicholas Simon and Theo
About Tony Ressler
American businessman Tony Ressler has an estimated net worth of $2 billion. He was born Antony P. Ressler on July 16, 1959. He graduated from Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service with a B.S.F.S. degree. He then received his MBA from Columbia University’s Graduate School of Business.
Ressler began his professional career at Drexel Burnham Lambert and climbed to the position of Senior Vice President in the High Yield Bond Department, where he is responsible for the New Issue/Syndicate Desk.
When Drexel Burnham Lambert was on the verge of collapse in 1990, Tony Ressler co-founded the private equity firm Apollo Global Management along with his colleagues at Drexel, including Leon Black, John Hannan, Craig Cogut, Arthur Bilger, Marc Rowan, Josh Harris and Michael Gross. In 1997, he co-founded Ares Management with John H. Kissick, his former co-worker at Apollo Global Management and Bennett Rosenthal, who joined the group from the global leveraged finance group at Merrill Lynch. He also belonged to an investment group led by Mark Attanasio that made a successful bid to purchase the Milwaukee Brewers of the Major League Baseball (MLB).
Currently, Ressler serves on the Compensation Committee of Air Lease Corp. He has served as director since April 2010.