Net Worth: $1.42 Billion
- Source of Wealth Stelmar Shipping, Easy Jet
- Birth Place Athens, Greece
- Marital Status Single
- Full Name Stelios Haji-Ioannou
- Nationality Greek-Cypriot
- Date of Birth February 14, 1967
- Occupation Entrepreneur
- Education London School of Economics and Political Science (1987), Cass Business School, City University London
About Stelios Haji-Ioannou
Stelios Haji-Ioannou has an estimated net worth of $1.42 billion in March 2016, according to Forbes. This Greek-Cypriot entrepreneur earned most of his fortune from his family’s business, the Easy Jet and Stelmar Shipping. Easy Jet is actually an airline company that offers quality transportation services at relatively low prices. His siblings, Polys and Clelia, are also minor stakeholders in the company which he founded in 1995.
On the other hand, Stelios was also successful in earning a huge sum of money from the sale of his stakes at the Stelmar Shipping Company. In 1988, he started working for his father’s shipping company, the Troodos Shipping Co Ltd. Four years later, he received a total of £30 million which he used to put up his own company, the Stelmar Shipping. In 2001, the company went public and by 2005, he sold the company for a price which quadruples its initial share price. Stelmar Shipping was bought by the OSG Group for an estimated price of $1.3 billion.