Net Worth: $65 Billion
- Source of Wealth Walmart
- Age Deceased at 74 years old on 1992-04-05
- Birth Place Kingfisher, Oklahoma, United States
- Marital Status Widowed (Helen Walton)
- Full Name Samuel Moore "Sam" Walton
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth March 29, 1918
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman
- Education University of Missouri–Columbia (1940), Hickman High School
- Children 4 (S. Robson Walton, Alice Walton, John T. Walton, Jim C. Walton)
About Sam Walton
American businessman Sam Walton had an estimated net worth of $65 billion as of February 2013. Walton is best recognized as the founder of the world renowned, Wal-mart. He was also the founder of Sam’s Club.
Samuel Moore Walton was born on March 29, 1918 in Kingfisher, Oklahoma, U.S. From 1942 until the time of his death, Walton was married to Helen Walton. They had four children named Alice, S. Robson, John and Jim Walton. He was an alumnus of the University of Missouri.
At age 74, he died on April 5, 1992 in Little Rock, Arkansas, U.S. The news of his death was disseminated via satellite to a total of 1,960 Wal-Mart stores. During that time, his company hired around 380,000 people. Furthermore, his company is earning an annal sales of $50 billion from 13 supercenters, 212 Sam’s Clubs, amd 1735 Wal-mart stores.