Net Worth: $1.2 Billion
- Source of Wealth Progressive
- Birth Place Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- Marital Status Divorced (Toby Devan)
- Full Name Peter B. Lewis
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth November 11, 1933
- Ethnicity Caucasian, Jewish
- Occupation Businessman, CEO
- Education Princeton University, Cleveland Heights High School
- Children 3 (Ivy, Jonathan, Adam Joseph)
About Peter Lewis
A well-known philanthropist, Peter Lewis is an American businessman who currently serves as the Chairman of the Board of Progressive Insurance Company. He also served as the company’s CEO but he retired in 2000. As of March 2013, Peter Lewis’ net worth is estimated to be around $1.2 billion according to Forbes.
After graduating from the Princeton University, Lewis was hired as an underwriting trainee at Progressive Insurance Company. When he became the chief executive officer, the company has 40 employees already. In 1960s, the company already hired more than 100 employees and it had a total revenue of over $6 million. As of 2010, the company has 27,250 employees with $15 billion worth of sales. On the same year, Progressive Insurance Company became the third largest insurance company in the US.
Peter Lewis was married to Toby Devan. They have three children together named Adam Joseph, Jonathan and Ivy. Peter Lewis is known to be a supporter of drug reform law. In fact, he is instrumental in the passing of marijuana legalization bills in Massachusetts and Washington States.