Net Worth: $4.3 Billion
- Source of Wealth Finance
- Age Deceased at 86 years old on 2013-10-08
- Birth Place Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
- Full Name Paul Desmarais, Sr.
- Nationality Canadian
- Date of Birth January 4, 1927
- Occupation Financier in Montreal,CEO of the Power Corporation of Canada
- Education University of Ottawa, McGill University
- Children 4 (Paul Jr., André, Sophie, Louise )
About Paul Desmarais
Paul Desmarais is a Canadian entrepreneur whose business is directly involved in mass media, paper and pulp industry as well as in offering financial services. Currently, he serves as the Chief Executive Officer at the Power Corporation of Canada.
After graduating in college, Paul Desmarais Jr started working at a Montreal accounting firm and later on, he worked for Sudbury Bus Lines, a bankrupt railroad and bus line, built by his grandfather. Through time, he was able to acquire bus lines in Quebec City and Ottawa. Today, he owns 15% of the Belgian holding company, Groupe Bruxelles Lambert which owns 3.7% of Total, a French oil conglomerate.