Net Worth: $3.2 Billion
- Source of Wealth Hedge Funds
- Birth Place The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
- Marital Status Married (Toby Cooperman)
- Full Name Leon G. Cooperman
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth April 25, 1943
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman, Investor, Philanthropist
- Education Hunter College, Columbia Business School, Columbia University
- Children 2 (Wayne, Michael)
About Leon G Cooperman
Well known philanthropist, investor and businessman Leon G. Cooperman has an estimated net worth of $3.2 billion as of April 2016 according to Forbes. He currently sits as the Chief Executive Officer, founder and Chairman of the Board of Omega Advisors, Inc., an investment advisory firm in New York that manages over $6 billion worth of assets. In 2012, he was named as one of the 50 Most Influential persons in the world by the Bloomberg Markets Magazine.
Of Jewish ancestry, Leon G. Cooperman was born on April 25, 1943. He is an alumnus of Hunter College and Columbia University where he earned his MBA degree. He is currently married to his wife Toby, with whom he has two children named Michael and Wayne.
After graduating from Columbia Business School in 1967, Cooperman started working for Goldman Sachs where he spent the next 22 years of his life. In those 22 years, he served as the Officer in Charge of the Investment Research Department, Investment Policy Committee co-chairman and Stock Selection Committee chairman. In 1989, he began working as the CEO and chairman of Goldman Sachs Asset Management.