Net Worth: $3 Billion
- Source of Wealth The Home Depot, Geeknet, Investments
- Birth Place Roslyn Heights, New York, United States
- Marital Status Married (Elaine Langone)
- Full Name Kenneth Langone
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth September 16, 1935
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman
- Education New York University, New York University Stern School of Business, Bucknell University
- Children 1(Bruce Langone)
About Kenneth Langone
American financial backer, venture capitalist, and investment banker Kenneth Langone has an estimated net worth of $3 billion as of April 2016 according to Forbes. In the past, he served as the director of the New York Stock Exchange. In 2010, he started serving as Geeknet’s Chairman of the Board of Directors, and currently, he sits as the company’s chief executive officer.
Kenneth Langone was born on September 16, 1935 in Roslyn Heights, New York. Born to working class parents, Langone has worked several blue-collar jobs while he was still studying at Bucknell University and New York University Stern School of Business.
In the past, Kenneth Langone has served on the board of Database Technologies, General Electric and ChoicePoint Inc. where he is also a co-founder. Kenneth Langone’s most notable business venture is the founding of Home Depot which was formed after he organized financing for Arthur Blank and Bernard Marcus. Today, this national chain hires more than 300,000 employees.
To date, this philanthropist has already donated more than $150 million to several charitable institutions. Some of his beneficiaries include The Children’s Oncology Society (Ronald McDonald House), Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, Tomorrow’s Hope Foundation, and Harlem Children’s Zone.