Net Worth: $1.2 Billion
- Source of Wealth Apollo Group, Phoenix University
- Birth Place Missouri Ozarks
- Full Name John Glen Sperling
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth 1921
- Occupation Businessman
- Education University of Cambridge, University of California, Berkeley
About John Sperling
Born to a poor family in Missouri Ozarks, John Glen Sperling has founded the Apollo Group and Phoenix University which earned him a great deal of fortune. Through its subsidiaries, Apollo Group Inc. currently owns and runs a number of for-profit educational institutions which include the Western International University, College for Financial Planning, Institute for Professional Development and University of Phoenix.
The company also operates the Olympus High School and Insights Schools which are online public high schools based in Wisconsin, Washington and other locations. Apollo Group Inc. also owns the BPP University College of Professional Studies based in the United Kingdom.