Net Worth: $2.8 Billion
- Source of Wealth Businessman (hair products, tequila)
- Birth Place Echo Park, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Marital Status Spouse: Eloise Broady (m. 1993)
- Full Name John Paul Jones DeJoria
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth April 13, 1944
- Ethnicity Greek-Italian
- Occupation Businessman
- Education Education: John Marshall High School
- Children Alexis DeJoria, John Anthony DeJoria, Justin DeJoria, Michael DeJoria
About John Paul DeJoria
DeJoria has an estimated net worth of over $2.8 billion as of May 2015 according to Forbes, John Paul DeJoria is one of the great stories of achieving the American Dream. Twenty years after being homeless, he was able to buy a seat on the New York Stock Exchange. Along the way he built two iconic companies — John Paul Mitchell Systems and Patrón Spirits. Today, his most significant contribution is his business philosophy, which is at the intersection of helping the world, helping people individually and creating profit — all with a genuine smile on his face.
The Navy vet teamed with Paul Mitchell to launch the shampoo company with $700 in 1980 while living in car; sales now top $900 million. He also started Patron Spirits with Martin Crowley in 1989. Friends like Clint Eastwood and Wolfgang Puck introduced the drink to the Hollywood crowd. Philanthropist supporting Grow Appalachia, helping families create self-sustainable gardens to fight obesity and poverty. Last year his salon schools gathered hair clippings to make oil-absorbing buoys for BP spill.