Net Worth: $1 Billion
- Source of Wealth Cisco Systems Inc.
- Birth Place Cleveland, Ohio
- Marital Status Married (Elaine Chambers)
- Full Name John T. Chambers
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth August 23, 1949
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman
- Education West Virginia University, Indiana University, Duke University
- Children 2 (Lindsay, John)
About John Chambers
American business executive John Chambers has an estimated net worth of $1 billion in 2013. He currently serves as the chief executive officer and chairman of the board of Cisco Systems, Inc.
John T. Chambers was born in Cleveland, Ohio, USA on August 23, 1949. He is currently married to his wife Elaine, with whom he has two children named John and Lindsay. After completing his MBA degree from Indiana University, he started working for IBM. Six years later, he left the company and began working for Wang Laboratories. In 1987, he became the vice president of the company’s US operations.
In 1991, he joined Cisco as the vice president of its Worldwide Sales and Operations. In January 2005, Chambers became the chief executive officer of the company, and by November 2006, he started serving as the company’s chairman of the board.