Net Worth: $41.5 Billion
- Source of Wealth J.P. Morgan & Co.
- Age Deceased at 75 years old on 1913-03-31
- Birth Place Hartford, Connecticut, U.S.
- Marital Status Widowed (Frances Louise Tracy)
- Full Name John Pierpont "J. P." Morgan
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth April 17, 1837
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Financier, Banker, Philanthropist, Art Collector
- Education English High School of Boston University of Göttingen (B.A.)
- Children 4 (Louisa Pierpont Morgan John Pierpont Morgan, Jr. Juliet Morgan Anne Morgan)
About J.P. Morgan
American art collector, philanthropist, banker, and financier J.P. Morgan has an estimated net worth of $41.5 billion in 2013.
John Pierpont Morgan was born on April 17, 1837 in Hartford, Connecticut, U.S. From 1865 until his death, he was married to Frances Louise Tracy. At age 75, he died on March 31, 1913 in Rome, Italy. After his death, his fortune was left to his son, John Pierpont “Jack” Morgan, Jr. He had three other children named Louisa, Juliet and Anne.
He was known to be influential in the merging of Thomson-Houston Electric Company and Edison General Electric which formed the brand General Electric. He was also known to finance the Federal Steel Company. In 1901, he emerged with Carnegie Steel Company along with a couple of iron and steel companies such as the Consolidated Steel and Wire Company.