Net Worth: $6.7 Billion
- Source of Wealth Retail (SM Prime Holdings)
- Birth Place Xiamen, China
- Marital Status Married (Felicidad Tan)
- Full Name Henry Sy, Sr.
- Nationality Chinese-Filipino
- Date of Birth December 25, 1924
- Ethnicity Chinese
- Occupation Businessman, Investor
- Education Far Eastern University, Chiang Kai Shek College
- Children 6 (Teresita, Elizabeth, Henry Jr., Hans, Herbert, Harley)
About Henry Sy
Chinese Filipino businessman, Henry Sy, has a net worth of $6.7 billion in July 2017, according to Bloomberg. He is the founder of SM Group and chairman of SM Prime Holdings, the largest retailer and shopping mall operator in the Philippines.
He started with small shoe store in Manila, which he built into one of the country’s largest retail groups. SM Prime, the Philippines’ largest shopping mall developer, run by son Hans, plans to list its China operations.Shares in SM Investments, family’s largest asset, up nearly 40%.Also Banco de Oro Unibank,Philippines largest bank, run by his daughter Teresita Sy-Coson. Listed property developer Belle Corp., expected to open its first casino in Manila in 2012. Henry Sy was born on December 25, 1924 in Xiamen, China.
Earnings & Financial Data
The below financial data is gathered and compiled by TheRichest analysts team to give you a better understanding of Henry Sy's net worth by breaking down the most relevant financial events such as yearly salaries, contracts, earn outs, endorsements, stock ownership and much more.
- Earnings 2007
Sale of Asset Oct. 2007
Value of his stake, which reached 11%, in San Miguel Corporation, Southeast Asia's largest food and beverage conglomerate upon sale