Net Worth: $1.56 Billion
- Source of Wealth Talpion Fund Management, Hedge Funds
- Birth Place Washington Heights, Manhattan, New York
- Marital Status Married (Estee Tobaly)
- Full Name Henry Swieca
- Nationality United States
- Ethnicity Jewish
- Occupation Businessman, Hedge Fund Manager
- Education Columbia University, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Columbia Business School
- Children 4
About Henry Swieca
American businessman Henry Swieca has an estimated net worth of $1.56 billion as of May 2016 according to Forbes. He is known to be one of the founders of Highbridge Capital Management. He also founded Talpion Fund Management.
Of Jewish ancestry, Henry Swieca was born in Washington Heights, Manhattan, New York. He attended Stony Brook University where he finished his Bachelor of Arts degree. Eventually, he attended Columbia Business School to complete his MBA. He is currently married to Estee Tobaly. The couple has four children together.
With a small amount of money left to him by his parents, Swieca started trading stocks which enabled him to send his brother to school. Right after graduation, he began working for Merrill Lynch. Eventually, he worked as an institutional investor advisor for Dillon Read. Together with Glenn Dubin, Swieca co-founded Dubin and Swieca Group in 1984. Eight years later, the duo started Highbridge Capital Management. In 2004, JP Morgan Chase acquired 55% of the company’s stake. Five years later, they sold all their remaining shares.