Net Worth: $2 Billion
- Source of Wealth Ann & Gordon Getty Foundation
- Birth Place San Francisco, California, United States
- Marital Status Married (Ann)
- Full Name Gordon Peter Getty
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth December 20, 1934
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman
- Education San Francisco Conservatory of Music, University of San Francisco
- Children 7
About Gordon Getty
American investor, classical music composer and philanthropist Gordon Getty has an estimated net worth of $2 billion as of March 2013 according to Forbes. In 1983, his net worth is estimated to be around $2 billion which made him the wealthiest man in America at that time. In addition to being a prominent philanthropist, Gordon Getty is considered as one of the leading venture capitalists in the U.S. He currently serves as the Chairman of the board and president of Ann & Gordon Getty Foundation.
Gordon Peter Getty was born on December 20, 1934. He attended San Francisco Conservatory of Music where he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in music. He is currently married and is a father to seven children, according to Forbes.
In order to please his father, Getty joined Getty Oil which he eventually sold for U.S. $10 billion in 1986. He is the founder of ReFlow, a company that specializes in purchasing shares in mutual funds temporarily in order to save commissions and taxes.