pinterest-p mail bubble share2 google-plus facebook twitter rss reddit linkedin2 stumbleupon
The Premium The Premium The Premium

Georg Schaeffler Net Worth

Georg Schaeffler Net Worth

Net Worth: $20.9 Billion

Statistics
  • Source of Wealth Ball Bearings
  • Birth Place Erlangen, Germany
  • Marital Status Divorced
  • Full Name Georg F. W. Schaeffler
  • Nationality German
  • Date of Birth 19 October 1964
  • Occupation Businessman
  • Education University of St. Gallen, Duke University
  • Children 4
More StatsView More

About Georg Schaeffler

German businessman Georg Schaeffler has an estimated net worth of $20.9 billion in July 2017, according to Forbes. He is one of the owners of the Schaeffler Group which encompasses the Schaeffler AG. The latter is considered as the largest producers of machine components and ball bearings in the world.

George Sr. and his brother, Wilhelm, founded a manufacturing company which was later known as INA. The former is the husband of the billionaire, Maria Elisabeth Schaeffler, who took over the Schaeffler Group in 1996, following the death of her husband.

In 2009, the couple’s son, who was also named as Georg, joined the company and helped his mother in running the Schaeffler Group amidst the growing issue pertaining to the takeover of the Continental AG. Today, the company has investments in industrial, automotive, and aerospace sectors with over 80,000 employees in 49 countries.

Today, George owns 80% of Schaeffler Group while his mother owns the remaining 20%. He was born on the the 19th of October, 1964 in Erlangen Germany.