Net Worth: $7.63 Billion
- Source of Wealth Geffen Records, Asylum Records, DGC Records, DreamWorks SKG
- Birth Place Borough Park, New York City, New York, United States
- Marital Status Single
- Full Name David Geffen
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth February 21, 1943
- Ethnicity Jewish
- Occupation Record Executive,Film Producer, Theatrical Producer, Philanthropist
- Education University of Texas at Austin, Santa Monica College, New Utrecht High School
- Children None
About David Geffen
An American philanthropist, film producer, record executive and theatrical producer, David Geffen is best recognized as the founder of Geffen Records (1980), DGC Records (1990) and Asylum Records (1970). This American businessman has an estimated net worth of $7.63 billion in July 2017, according to Bloomberg.
Born and raised in Brooklyn New York, David Geffen is known to be one of the co-founders of DreamWorks SKG (1994). Together with Elliot Roberts, Geffen founded the Asylum Records in 1970. The record label has signed artists like The Eagles, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Tom Waits, Warren Zevon, J.D. Souther, Linda Ronstadt, and Judee Sill.
In 1980, he founded the Geffen Records which is known to produce the works of artists like Olivia Newton-John, Elton John, Aerosmith, Pat Metheny, Sonic Youth, Peter Gabriel, XTC, Lone Justice, Guns N’ Roses, Blink-182, Nirvana, Neil Young, Cher, Lifehouse, Sloan, and The Stone Roses.
Apart from being a wealthy businessman, David Geffen is also known to be generous philanthropist. Known to be gay, David Geffen is named by Out magazine as its #1 in the list of Most Powerful Gay Men and Women in America.