Net Worth: $4.1 Billion
- Source of Wealth Cork, investments
- Birth Place Mozelos, Santa Maria da Feira
- Height N/A
- Marital Status Married (Maria Fernanda de Oliveira Ramos)
- Full Name Américo Ferreira de Amorim
- Nationality Portuguese
- Date of Birth July 21, 1934
- Ethnicity N/A
- Weight N/A
- Occupation Entrepreneur
- Education St. John’s University
- Children 3 (N/A)
About Americo Amorim
Americo Amorim is the genius mind behind the success of Corticeira Amorim. Founded by his grandfather in 1870, he turned this small-sized cork company into the largest producer of corks in the world today. He also has interests in energy, tourism and real estate.
However, Americo Amorim is no longer directly involved in the daily operations of the company. Nevertheless, he still owns half of the company’s stakes. His fortunes now are coming from stock investments especially in energy and finance industries. He also holds stakes in banks, state energy company and fashion brand. He actually owns 28% stake in Finpro, 7% in Banco Popular, 18% stake in Galp and 25% in BIC Angola Bank.
Americo Amorim has an estimated net worth of $4.1 billion as of January 2016, according to Forbes.