Net Worth: $3.1 Billion
- Source of Wealth Taubman Centers
- Birth Place Michigan, USA
- Marital Status Married (Judith Mazor Rounick)
- Full Name Adolph Alfred Taubman
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth January 31, 1924
- Ethnicity Jewish, Polish
- Occupation Businessman, Executive
- Education dropout (University of Michigan, Lawrence Technological University)
- Children 3 (Gayle, Robert, William)
About Alfred Taubman
For more than two decades, Alfred Taubman made it to the list of Forbes 400 Richest Americans. This University of Michigan dropout started the Taubman’s Centers in 1950. Today, his Mall at Short Hills which is based in New Jersey is considered as one of the most profitable shopping centers in the country. In 1982, he purchased the A&W restaurant which he later sold to Sagittarius Acquisitions in 1994. In 1990s to early 2000s, he invested in a real estate investment firm which is owned and managed by his stepdaughter’s husband Louis Dubin.
Aside from his impressive success in business, Alfred Taubman is also known for his philanthropic works. In fact, he is considered as the largest donor in the University of Michigan. Many existing buildings in the university are actually named after him such as the Taubman Health Sciences Library, Taubman Health Care Center and A. Alfred Taubman Biomedical Science Research Building.
Alfred Taubman has an estimated net worth of $3.1 billion as of May 2015 according to Forbes.