Net Worth: $10 Million
- Source of Wealth Lime Group, Limewire, Lime Brokerage LLC, LimeMedical LLC
- Birth Place Oradell, New Jersey
- Marital Status Married
- Full Name Mark Howard Gorton
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth November 7, 1966
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman, Internet Entrepreneur
- Education Stanford University, Yale University, Harvard Business School, Harvard University
- Children 4
About Mark Gorton
American businessman Mark Howard Gorton has an estimated net worth of $10 million in 2012. He is known to be the creator of LimeWire as well as the chief executive officer of Lime Group. Currently based in New York, Lime Group is the owner of the stock brokerage firm Lime Brokerage LLC and LimeWire. The group also owns the medical software company LimeMedical LLC and the hedge fund firm Tower Research Capital LLC.
Mark Gorton is a graduate of Yale University where he finished his bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. He then attended Stanford University to finished his master’s degree in electrical engineering. He was also a graduate of Harvard University where he completed his MBA.
Prior to the launching of the Lime Group of companies, Mark Gorton started working for Martin Marietta as an electrical engineer right after graduation. Eventually, he joined the fixed-income trading industry through Credit Suisse First Boston. Shortly, he launched his own company.