Net Worth: $83 Million
- Source of Wealth Health Care (Columbia Hospital Corporation)
- Birth Place Bloomington, Illinois, U.S.
- Height N/A
- Marital Status Married (Frances Annette "Ann" Holland)
- Full Name Richard Lynn Scott
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth December 1, 1952
- Ethnicity White / Caucasian
- Weight N/A
- Occupation Governor of Florida, Business executive
- Education University of Missouri,Southern Methodist University
- Children 2 (Jordan Kandah, Allison Guimard)
About Rick Scott
American businessman and the current Governor of Florida, Richard Lynn “Rick” Scott has an estimated net worth of $83 million as of June 2012, according to financial disclosure report. A lawyer by profession, Rick Scott made his fortune through hospital chain he co-founded, Columbia Hospital Corporation, which owns and control several hospitals. As required by law for him to submit an annual report on his finances, he reported that he had a net worth of nearly $83 million at the end of 2011 which is down from the $103 million net worth he reported at the end of 2010.
Before running for governor in 2010, Scott declared he had a net worth of $218 million which he spent an estimated $75 million of his own money during the contentious Republican primary and the subsequent his successful 2010 run for Governor of Florida. His 2012 disclosure, Scott listed assets that include a beachfront home in Naples worth just under $9 million and $71.5 million held in a blind trust managed on behalf of the governor. Scott, who has refused to accept salary as governor, also reported that most of the $26 million he earned in 2011 was investment income from the trust.