Net Worth: $500 Million
- Source of Wealth New York Giants, NFL
- Birth Place New York City, New York
- Marital Status Married to Denise W. Mara
- Full Name John Kevin Mara
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth December 1, 1954
- Ethnicity Irish, German and Canadian
- Occupation President, CEO and Co-Owner of the New York Giants
- Education Boston College and Fordham University
- Children John Mara Jr.
About John Mara
John Mara is the President, CEO and co-owner of the New York Giants and he has an estimated net worth of $500 million. Born in New York City on December 1, 1954, John Kevin Mara grew up in White Planes, New York. He attended Iona Preparatory School and graduated in 1972. He then went to Boston College and earned a B.S. in marketing cum laude. He also holds a law degree that he earned in 1979 from Fordham University.
Mr. Mara has worked as an attorney for quite some time before he joined the Giants in 1991. He served as the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer in the 90’s. He was named the president after his father’s death in 2005. Under his management and Steve Tisch, the team has won Super Bowl XLII and Super Bowl XLVI.
John Mara is the third generation of the Mara family to own the Giants. His grandfather, Tim Mara, founded the team in 1925. His father, Wellington, and his uncle, Jack, inherited the team when Tim died in 1959. John is on the third generation. He is the uncle of Academy Award nominee for Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Rooney Mara and her sister, Kate Mara.