pinterest-p mail bubble share2 google-plus facebook twitter rss reddit linkedin2 stumbleupon
The Premium The Premium The Premium

Hubert Burda Net Worth

Hubert Burda Net Worth

Net Worth: $2.6 Billion

Statistics
  • Source of Wealth Business
  • Birth Place Heidelberg, Germany
  • Marital Status Married to Maria Furtwängler and Christa Maar (deceased)
  • Full Name Hubert Burda
  • Nationality German
  • Date of Birth February 9, 1940
  • Occupation CEO of Hubert Burda Media
  • Education Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich (Art History and Sociology)
  • Children Felix (deceased), Jacob and Elizabeth
More StatsView More

About Hubert Burda

Hubert Burda has an estimated net worth of $2.6 billion as of May 2015 according to Forbes. Hubert Burda is a German art historian and publisher. Born on February 9, 1940 in Heidelberg, Germany, he is the youngest of the three sons of Franz and Aenne Burda. He studied Art History and Sociology at the Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich. Currently, he is the CEO of Hubert Burda Media that publishes 300 magazines around the world, including Focus and Bunte in Germany. In 2012, the firm lifted its stake in XING AG, LinkedIn’s equivalent in Germany, to 59%. He aims to compete with Google, Amazon and Apple rather than than German media groups Gruner + Jar and Axel Springer AG. The revenues grew to Eu 2.45 billions and he transferred 40% of the company in 2011 to his two children, Jacob and Elizabeth, who are in their twenties. He owns the remaining 60% and his net worth, according to Forbes, does not include his children’s stakes.

Burda is an active philanthropist. He established the Felix Burda Foundation, named after his son, Felix, who died of colon cancer in 2001 at the age of 33. The foundation is committed to reducing the number of deaths from colon cancer in Germany. Hubert Burda also formed an interdisciplinary forum for researchers and thinkers, the Burda Academy of the Third Millenium.