Net Worth: $4.1 Billion
- Source of Wealth Bechtel Corp., Engineering, Construction
- Birth Place United States of America
- Marital Status Married (Susie Bechtel)
- Full Name Riley P. Bechtel
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth 1952
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Businessman
- Education Stanford University, University of California, Davis, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Children 3
About Riley Bechtel
American businessman Riley Bechtel has an estimated net worth of $4.1 billion as of May 2015 according to Forbes. He is best associated with Bechtel Corp. where he currently serves as the chief executive officer and chairman of the board. Most of his net worth is said to be earned from engineering and construction. Riley Bechtel is the grandson of the Bechtel Corp’s founder, Warren A. Bechtel.
Riley Bechtel is a graduate of the University of California, where he took his psychology and political science degree. In 1977, he earned his MBA/JD from Stanford University. After working for Thelen, Marrin, Johnson & Bridges, he officially joined his grandfather’s company in 1981. By March 1989, he was elected as the company’s COO and president. In June 1990, he became the CEO and by January 1996, he started serving as the company’s chairman.
Currently, he sits on the board of directors of the Fremont Group, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.’s International Council, Fremont Investors, Inc., Sequoia Ventures, Inc. and the Fremont Group.