Net Worth: $75 Million
- Source of Wealth Music, Songwriting, Singing
- Birth Place Gainesville, Florida, USA
- Marital Status Married Dana York (m. 2001), Jane Benyo (m. 1974–1996)
- Full Name Thomas Earl "Tom" Petty
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth October 20, 1950
- Ethnicity American
- Occupation Musician, Songwriter, Singer
Tom Petty is an American Rock Musician from Gainesville, Florida and is estimated to have a net worth of $75 million.
Made famous by his work with his band Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Tom has released such hit songs as “Layla,” “American Girl,” and “Refugee.” The band received a Hollywood Star in 1999 and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002.
In 1988, Tom Petty founded the band The Travelling Willburies along with rock icons Bob Dylan and George Harrison. A year later, Petty released a solo album which featured such hits as “Free Fallin” and “I Won’t Back Down.” His solo career would be short lived, however, as the he would reunite with the Heartbreakers in 1991.
Tom Petty’s fortune can also, in part, be traced to his small career in acting. In 1997, Petty starred alongside Kevin Costner in the film The Postman. Petty has also lent his voice to such animated series as The Simpsons and King of the Hill.