Net Worth: $400 Million
- Source of Wealth Music, TV
- Birth Place Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Marital Status Married to Celine Dion; Divorced to Anne-Renee Kirouac; Divorced to Denyse Duquette
- Nationality Canadian
- Date of Birth January 16, 1942
- Ethnicity Syrian and Lebanese
- Occupation Manager, Director and Former Singer
- Children Patrick (Duquette); Jean-Pierre and Anne-Marie (Kirouac); Rene-Charles and Eddy, Nelson (Dion)
About Rene Angelil
Canadian manager, director and former singer Rene Angelil has an an estimated net worth of $400 million. He is the husband and manager of singer Celine Dion. He was born on January 16, 1942 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada to a father of Syrian descent and a Canadian mother of Lebanese origin. He began his professional career as a pop singer in the 1960s. He formed a pop rock group The Baronets with his childhood friends. The group sang French translations of popular British and American pop and rock songs that included “C’est Fou, Mais C’est Tout”, a translation of the Beatles’ songs Hold Me Tight. When the group was dissolved, he and best friend Guy Cloutier began managing artists such as Ginette Reno and Rene Simard.
In 1981, Angelil and Cloutier parted ways and each became solo managers. His biggest find was Dion, after hearing her demo tape, whom he later married. He won the Felix Award for Manager of the Year in 1987 and 1988. In July 2008, he was named the director for the fourth season of the reality television show Star Academe that was aired in February 2009.
Rene Angelil is an avid poker player. He qualified for the 2005 World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions. He finished in the money at the 2007 Mirage Poker Showdown event on the World Poker Tour, a series of high stakes tournaments.