Net Worth: $18 Million
- Source of Wealth Music, Songwriting, Singing
- Age Deceased at 59 years old on 2010-01-13
- Birth Place Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
- Marital Status Married Joan Williams (m. 2008–2010) Karen Still (m. 1987–2002)
- Full Name Theodore DeReese "Teddy" Pendergrass
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth March 26, 1950
- Ethnicity African American
- Occupation Musician, Songwriter, Singer
- Children Tamon Pendergrass, LaDonna Pendergrass, Teddy Pendergrass II, Tisha Pendergrass
About Teddy Pendergrass
Internationally renowned American singer Teddy Pendergrass had an estimated net worth of $18 million. He earned most of his fortune during the time he sang with Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes. In addition to that, Pendergrass’s net worth also grew constantly during the singer’s solo career. A unique songwriting ability has earned him even more money, as he wrote and composed songs for some of the world’s most successful artists of all time – including Whitney Houston.
Pendergrass was born in Philadelphia in 1950 and became one of the most powerful R&B soul singers in the 70s and 80s. Pendergrass died of respiratory failure in January 2010 aged only 59. His widow and son are disputing their rights over the late singer’s estate – each one claims full control. However, it still remains to be seen which one of the two is the real beneficiary of Teddy Pendergrass’ estate, as no court decision has been made yet.