Net Worth: $8 Million
- Source of Wealth Music, Songwriting, Singing
- Birth Place Rhinebeck, New York, United States
- Marital Status Married Jörn Weisbrodt (m. 2012)
- Full Name Rufus McGarrigle Wainwright
- Nationality Canadian, American
- Date of Birth July 22, 1973
- Ethnicity American
- Occupation Musician, Songwriter, Singer
- Children Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen
About Rufus Wainwright
Rufus Wainwright is a song writer and composer of American-Canadian origin with a net worth of $8 million. He has accumulated his wealth through his long career in recordings and films. He was born in July 22nd 1973 in Rhinebeck, New York but was raised by a single mother in Montreal, Canada. He exhibited talent as a teenager and used to play piano and even sing as he toured with his folk singer mother and aunt. At the age of 14, he composed the song I’m Running which saw him bag nominations in Juno and Genie Awards. He studied classical and modern piano at McGill University but he later quit to concentrate on his music career.
He released his first album in 1998 which was a complete success in Canada. It was quickly followed by another one in 2001 named Poses. His music career has earned him international recognition including Awards such as GLAAD award. He has performed and written several songs for different movies including but not limited to Moulin Rouge, I Am Sam and many more.