Net Worth: $40 Million
- Source of Wealth Music, Songwriting, Singing
- Birth Place Oildale, California, United States
- Marital Status Married Theresa Ann Lane (m. 1993), Debbie Parret (m. 1985–1991), Leona Williams (m. 1978–1983), Bonnie Owens (m. 1965–1978), Leona Hobbs (m. 1956–1964)
- Full Name Merle Ronald Haggard
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth April 6, 1937
- Ethnicity American
- Occupation Musician, Songwriter, Singer
- Children Ben Haggard, Noel Haggard, Marty Haggard, Jenessa Haggard, Dana Haggard, Kelli Haggard
About Merle Haggard
Merle Haggard is an American country singer, song writer, guitarist and instrumentalist with a net worth of $40 million. He co-founded the band ‘The Strangers’ and transformed country music totally. Throughout the 1990s and 2000s Merle released a number of successful albums. In 1994 he was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame and in 1997 he gained entry into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame.
Haggard and his band ‘The Strangers’ created the Bakersfield sound which is a unique mix of traditional steel guitar sound and new styles of vocal harmony where the words are minimal. By the 1970s Haggard became involved with growing outlaw country movement and continued to release albums which tasted reasonable success.
Merle Haggard has married as many as five times and he has four children from his first wife and two children from his 5th wife. He started smoking marijuana at the age of 41 but quit the habit in 1995. he had quit smoking cigarettes in 1991. Haggard underwent a surgery for lung cancer in 2008 but within less than two months after this surgery he played two shows at Buck Owen’s Crystal Palace on Jan 2 & 3, 2009. Since then he continues to record and tour.