Net Worth: $50 Million
- Source of Wealth Music, Songwriting, Singing, Acting
- Age Deceased at 81 years old on 2010-06-13
- Birth Place Plainview, Texas, United States
- Marital Status Married Donna Meade (m. 1991–2010), Mary Sue Wittauer (m. 1950–1990)
- Full Name Jimmy Ray Dean
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth August 10, 1928
- Ethnicity American
- Occupation Musician, Songwriter, Singer, Actor
About Jimmy Dean
Jimmy Dean was an American music singer, actor, television host and a businessman whose net worth is $50 million. He acquired his net worth through acting in films, music career and also from business ventures. He was instrumental in mainstreaming the country’s music that is today ranked as the most popular in the US. Raised from a poor family, Dean learned how to play the guitar when still a child. He dropped out of school at a tender age of 16 and joined the Air Force but later he embarked as an entertainer releasing his single, Big Bad John which became a number one hit song in US and England. More songs followed that topped the charts.
He then headlined the Texas Wildcats in 1957 to 1959 then landed some roles on Daniel Boone in 1964 to 1970 as well The Jimmy Dean Show in 1963 to 1966 which was his own series. He remains famous even today for his role as a spokesman for Jimmy Dean Pure Pork Sausage Company which he set up and sold to Consolidated Foods in 1984. Even after his death he was nominated for the Country Music Hall of fame in the year 2010.