Net Worth: $12 Million
- Source of Wealth Music, Songwriting, Singing
- Birth Place Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Marital Status Married Gigi Hancock (m. 1968)
- Full Name Herbert Jeffrey "Herbie" Hancock
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth April 12, 1940
- Ethnicity African American
- Occupation Musician, Songwriter, Singer
- Children Jessica Hancock
About Herbie Hancock
Herbie Hancock is a musician whose net worth is $12 million. His unique style of music that grew very popular through animated children’s shows, many tours and several hit recordings have all played an integral part in building his current net worth.
This American pianist, bandleader and composer was born in Chicago, Illinois and he is considered to be one of the architects of the post bop sound. He embraced music synthesizers and his work evidently revolves around funk and soul music. He improvises his music with a unique blend of blues, jazz, harmonic stylings, modern classical music and his work reminds people of the styles synonymous with Maurice Ravel and Claude Debussy.
Hancock also serves as a goodwill ambassador for UNESCO and he has been handed the responsibility to promote intercultural dialogue. Currently he is part of University of California’s faculty where he teaches jazz music. Hancock is also a member of Soka Gakkai International.