Net Worth: $80 Million
- Source of Wealth Music, Songwriting, Singing
- Birth Place Toledo, Ohio, United States
- Height 4' 11" (1.49 m)
- Marital Status Married Walter Bridgforth Jr. (m. 1988–2008)
- Full Name Anita Denise Baker
- Nationality American
- Date of Birth January 26, 1958
- Ethnicity African American
- Occupation Musician, Songwriter, Singer
- Children Walter Baker Bridgforth, Edward Carlton Bridgforth
About Anita Baker
Anita Baker is an American singer and song writer with a net worth of $80 million. Her career in R&B/soul jazz has seen her win eight Grammy awards with four platinum and two gold albums credited to her.
Baker’s career began in 1975 in Detroit when she joined Chapter 8 band that featured Michael Powell who would later become instrumental in producing her solo works. “Ready for your love” and “I just wanna be your Girl” gave her and Chapter 8 the necessary platform with Ariola records.
The Songstress was Baker’s solo debut album that introduced the moderate R&B “Angle” which became a hit. In 1989 she won the song of the year with her powerful three octave range being felt in “Giving you the best I got” which established her as a household name in the music industry. Her consistency has been rewarded by a wide and loyal fan base of both young and middle aged around the globe.