Net Worth: $70 Million
- Source of Wealth Music
- Birth Place San Francisco, California
- Height 5' 7¼" (1.71 m
- Marital Status Married (Lani Hammett)
- Full Name Kirk Lee Hammett
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth November 18, 1962
- Ethnicity Filipino, Irish
- Weight 135 lbs (61 kg)
- Occupation Musician, songwriter
- Education De Anza High School
- Children 2 (Vincenzo, Angel Ray)
About Kirk Hammett
Known for being a member of the popular band Metallica, Kirk Hammett is a songwriter and lead guitarist with an estimated net worth of $70 million as of 2012.
Of Irish and Filipino ancestry, Hammett was born on November 18, 1962 in San Francisco California. At age 18, he formed the band Exodus whom he worked with Gary Holt, Geoff Andrews, Paul Baloff and Tom Hunting until 1983. He joined the Metallica in 1983, after the dismissal of Dave Mustaine, the band’s former lead guitarist. As a songwriter, Hammett has contributed a lot to the band’s success.
In 2003, he was ranked 11th on The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time list by Rolling Stone. In 2009, he ranked 15th on the list of The 100 Greatest Metal Guitarists by Joel McIver’s book.
Together with his Metallica bandmates James Hetfield, Robert Trujillo, Lars Ulrich, Jason Newsted and Cliff Burton (deceased), Kirk Hammett was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April 2009.