Net Worth: $700 Million
- Source of Wealth Publishing, Rolling Stone
- Birth Place New York City, New York
- Marital Status Divorced to Jane Wenner
- Full Name Jann Simon Wenner
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth January 7, 1946
- Ethnicity Jewish
- Occupation Co-Founder and Publisher of Rolling Stone
- Education University of California, Berkeley (Drop Out)
- Children Alexander Jann, Theodore Simon, and Edward Augustus
About Jann Wenner
Jann Wenner is the co-founder and publisher of the Rolling Stone magazine who has an estimated net worth of $700 million. He is also the current owner of Men’s Journal and US Weekly. Born Jann Simon Wenner on January 7, 1946 in New York City, New York to a secular Jewish family, he attended the University of California, Berkeley but dropped out in 1966.
Wenner has accumulated his estimated net worth of $700 million when he and Ralph J. Gleason founded Rolling Stone in 1967 in San Francisco. He also has helped writers such as Hunter S. Thompson, Joe Klein, Cameron Crowe, and Joe Eszterhas.
Jann Wenner led the magazine to 14 National Magazine Awards for General Excellence, Design, Photography, Visual Excellence, Specialized Journalism, Feature Writing, and Reporting. Today, it continues to reign at the forefront of American journalism. With its 12 million readers, it serves as the ultimate source of music information and popular-culture trends.
Jann Simon Wenner has also appeared in television and movies such as Perfect with Jamie Lee Curtis and John Travolta. He was also awarded the Norman Mailer Prize in 2010 for Lifetime Achievement in Magazine Publishing. He was a co-founder of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation.