Net Worth: Under Review
- Source of Wealth Film, Television, Music
- Birth Place Melbourne, Florida, United States
- Marital Status Married (Pamela Courson)
- Full Name James Douglas "Jim" Morrison
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth December 8, 1943
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Occupation Singer-Songwriter, Poet
- Education University of California, Los Angeles
About Jim Morrison
Jim Morrison is a poet and singer-songwriter best recognized as the lead singer of The Doors, a Los Angeles-based rock band.
Also known as Mr. Mojo Risin’ and The Lizard King, James Douglas Morrison was born on December 8, 1943 in Melbourne, Florida. He died on July 3, 1971 in Paris, France at age 27. At a very young age, Morrison had developed a dependency on alcohol. Until today, the exact cause of his death is not yet determined due to the absence of an autopsy. Some alleged that his death was triggered by heroine overdose. Nonetheless, he is still considered by many fans and critics as one of the most charismatic, heroic and pioneering personalities in the history of rock music.
In fact, he was inducted into the list ”100 Greatest Singers of All Time” by Rolling Stone. He also made it to #22 on the list of ”50 Greatest Singers In Rock” by Classic Rock Magazine.