Net Worth: $45 Million
- Source of Wealth Ballet Dancing, Choreographing
- Birth Place Riga, Latvia
- Full Name Mikhail Nikolaevich Baryshnikov
- Nationality Latvian
- Date of Birth January 27, 1948
- Ethnicity Latvian, Russian
- Occupation Ballet Dancer, Ballet Dancing Choreographer
- Children Alexandra Lange Baryshnikova, Peter Andrew Baryshnikov, Anna Katerina Baryshnikov, Sofia-Luisa Baryshnikova
About Mikhail Baryshnikov
Russian born dancer and choreographer, Mikhail Baryshnikov has a net worth of around $45 million. Baryshnikov was able to earn this substantial amount by being one of the most talented ballet dancers of the previous century. He was originally born in Jan 27, 1948 in Latvia, during the Soviet era, and learned ballet dancing in USSR. In fact, his career as a ballet dancer began in Kirov Ballet in Leningrad.
However, in 1974, Baryshnikov defected to Canada to find more opportunities in Western dance groups. This life-changing event allowed Baryshnikov to go freelancing with various companies in Canada and in the U.S. until he came to New York, where he joined the New York Ballet as its principal dancer. His work in New York City opened new doors for Baryshnikov, and he soon gained the opportunity to dance in the American Ballet Theater. Later on, he spearheaded many of his own projects, particularly those related to modern dance.