Net Worth: $20 Million
- Source of Wealth Film, Television, Stage
- Birth Place Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Marital Status Married (Rebecca Pidgeon)
- Full Name David Alan Mamet
- Nationality United States
- Date of Birth November 30, 1947
- Occupation Playwright, Essayist, Screenwriter, Film Director
- Education Francis W. Parker School, Goddard College
- Children 4
About David Mamet
American screenwriter, essayist, film director, and playwright David Mamet has an estimated net worth of $20 million.
David Alan Mamet was born on November 30, 1947 in Chicago, Illinois, USA. He is an alumnus of Goddard College. His first marriage was to Lindsay Crouse, with whom he has two children. Since 1991, he has been married to Rebecca Pidgeon with whom he has another two children.
Among his most notable works include The Duck Variations, The Unit, Hannibal, Homicide, House of Games, The Untouchables, The Postman Always Rings Twice, Oleanna, American Buffalo, Glengarry Glen Ross, and Sexual Perversity in Chicago.
His works on Glengarry Glen Ross won him a Pulitzer Award, and a nomination for Tony Awards. As a writer, he has won several books which include Five Cities of Refuge: Weekly Reflections on Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy, The Old Religion, Bambi vs. Godzilla, The Wicked Son, The Secret Knowledge: On the Dismantling of American Culture, and the Three War Stories.
Furthermore, Mamet is the writer of screenplays for films such as The Postman Always Rings Twice, Hoffa, Ronin, The Untouchables, The Verdict, Hannibal, and The Edge.